The OFC Next Generation programme, launched in 2023, gathers and empowers young people around our mission to create more sustainable and equitable cities that are also nurturing, exciting, vibrant, and loved.
How does it work?
Any young person is welcome to apply to join the community, regardless of their field, discipline, experience, or background i.e. no background in urbanism is required. The unifying factor is their commitment to serve their communities in their own unique way and their desire to solve local problems using their skills and passions; be it community engagement, design, research, advocacy, or something else that impacts the urban landscape.
The OFC Next Generation community will include:
- a number of social and networking events and activities to connect and support the growth of community members
- access to thought leaders, industry leaders and inspirational figures through mentorship events
- exposure to current and future projects of Our Future Cities
- opportunities to attend or speak at conferences and events
- micro-grants to active members of the community to support their projects or initiatives
While in-person events will initially be focussed on Cape Town, South Africa, opportunities will arise in other cities in 2024.
Who is it for?
- You are between 18 and 35 years old in any city or country
- You have a strong interest cities, urbanism and the built environment (no academic or professional background is required)
- You are interested in attending virtual and in-person events and being a part of the WhatsApp community
- You are proficient in English
- You should be passionate about creating positive change in your community through your talents, skills, work or studies
How to join?
Complete this short online form here and tell us more about yourself. We will add you to the WhatsApp group to receive updates and information about events, micro-grants, site visits, and opportunities.
Have any questions? Email us at email@example.com